YMAC is seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals who have a strong desire to work with Aboriginal communities within the Yamatji and Pilbara regions and advancing their interests through the native title process.
There are positions based in YMAC's Geraldton, Karratha and South Hedland Offices.
You would be working to ensure claimants are informed and can participate in the management of their native title claims. You would also be acting as a source of information to the community about the organisation, the native title act and other relevant matters.
To be considered for this position, you must address briefly in your letter the following selection criteria:
• Ability to effectively and sensitively communicate and work within a team environment
• Excellent verbal, written, communication skills
• Proficiency with computers
• Good understanding of Aboriginal people, their culture and decision making processes
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Current unrestricted manual ‘C’ class license is essential.
For further information about this position, please contact Human Resources on (08) 9268 7000.
Under S.50 (d) of the Equal Opportunity Act, an applicant’s Indigenous background is a genuine occupational qualification.
Job descriptions and an application form are available on our website www.yamatji.org.au, or contact Human Resources on (08) 9268 7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must include a covering letter, completed application form, resume, and a statement addressing the selection criteria.
Applications can be posted to PO Box 3072, 256 Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA 6000, faxed to (08) 9268 7049 or emailed to email@example.com
Closing date for the above positions is 4.00pm Friday 20th May 2011