|Nyangumarta boys taking their first steps on country as recognised native title holders, 11 June 2009. Photograph by Tobias Titz|
Marnti Warajanga- a Walk Together is an exhibition of photographs and stories that will be touring Pilbara communities this May and June. Showcasing the photographs of Tobias Titz, including many images of the Nyangumarta people's native title determination in 2009, the exhibition has been on display at the Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House in Canberra.
As the project tours the Pilbara it will also include photography workshops and community celebrations along with a redeveloped version of the exhibition. The Marnti Warajanga Pilbara tour dates for exhibitions and workshops are:
- 3-4 May, Hedland Senior High School
- 7-8 May, South Hedland Primary School
- 9-10 May, Wangka Maya Pilbara Aboriginal Language Centre (community BBQ on 9 May)
- 14-16 May, Strelley Remote Community School (community BBQ on 19 May)
- 21-24 May, Yandeyarra Remote Community School (community BBQ on 23 May)
- 28-29 May, Newman Senior High School
- 30 May, South Newman Primary School
- 31 May, Newman Primary School (community BBQ on 31 May)
- 5-7 June, Jigalong Remote Community School (community BBQ on 7 June)
The exhibition will also be on display in Perth before heading north, from 13-30 April in Central Park.
For more information and to view some of the photographs visit the Marnti Warajanga page at the Museum of Australian Democracy's website.